Summary of Available Groups at this Event
OMRRA will run the PIR chicane for the Beginner and Small Displacement riding groups. The Advanced (Fast) group will not run the chicane. The chicane will not be used in the rain.
Note: It is the participant’s responsibility to select the appropriate group. For events that are sold out, or near capacity, there will be NO moving between groups (bumping up or down) before lunchtime, and participants will be required to ride within the capabilities, rules structure and/or laptimes of the group they select.
OMRRA enforces a strict limit of 35 participants per group.
- For riders that are new to riding on the track. This is a relaxed-pace group that will still allow riders to explore the limits of their motorcycles. Designed to offer riders the ability to become accustomed to riding in a track environment with several Control Riders and Instructors available.
- This group has passing restrictions: There is no passing allowed in the corners; passing is allowed in the straights only. This provides a layer of safety for all participants.
- The Level 1 School is highly recommended for first-time track riders, as well as anyone who wants to get specialized instruction. The Novice School focuses on the fundamentals of riding your motorcycle at speed. It’s a great way to learn about the capabilities of your motorcycle at freeway speeds and higher, not parking lot speeds. We match up students to dedicated instructors and combine a classroom setting with on-track instruction. The topics cover a track overview, safety procedures, passing guidelines and tips, reference points, cornering, braking & body position.
- For more experienced riders who are comfortable at speed on the race track.
- This group has passing restrictions. Passing is not allowed in the inside of corners. Passing is OK on the straights and on the outside of corners. This provides a layer of safety for the riders being passed.
- Race practice, 1:15 and lower, PIR dry lap time, non-chicane
- This is the group for advanced and very experienced track riders who are comfortable with high speeds, passing and being passed, and higher speed differentials.
- This group has no passing restrictions, however we require riders always maintain a “buffer” between them and other riders of 6 feet minimum.
* Non-racers may not self-select for the Fast group, but must ask for and obtain OPRT permission. The OMRRA representative will be shown the list of sign-ups for this group each track day and may pre-emptively re-assign riders (including slower OMRRA racers) to “Medium”.
- 700cc bikes and below