Summary of Available Groups at this Event
Note: It is the participant’s responsibility to select the appropriate group. For events that are sold out, or near capacity, there will be NO moving between groups (bumping up or down) before lunchtime, and participants will be required to ride within the capabilities, rules structure and/or laptimes of the group they select.
OPRT enforces a strict limit of 40 participants per group.
Level 1 (Beginner/Relaxed)
- For riders that are new to riding on the track. This is a relaxed-pace group that will still allow riders to explore the limits of their motorcycles. Designed to offer riders the ability to become accustomed to riding in a track environment with several Control Riders and Instructors available.
- This group has passing restrictions: There is no passing allowed in the corners; passing is allowed in the straights only. This provides a layer of safety for all participants.
Level 1 Novice School
- The Level 1 School is highly recommended for first-time track riders, as well as anyone who wants to get specialized instruction. The Novice School focuses on the fundamentals of riding your motorcycle at speed. It’s a great way to learn about the capabilities of your motorcycle at freeway speeds and higher, not parking lot speeds. We match up students to dedicated instructors and combine a classroom setting with on-track instruction. The topics cover a track overview, safety procedures, passing guidelines and tips, reference points, cornering, braking & body position.
Level 2 (Intermediate)
- For more experienced riders who are comfortable at speed on the race track.
- This group has passing restrictions. Passing is not allowed in the inside of corners. Passing is OK on the straights and on the outside of corners. This provides a layer of safety for the riders being passed.
Level 2 Intermediate School
- The OPRT Intermediate School is for riders who are more comfortable on the track and are interested in further improving their skills. The Intermediate School focuses on more advanced techniques that help the rider achieve greater speed, safer riding and can also help the rider lower their laptimes. Topics are more in-depth and include: proper body positioning, suspension setup and adjustment, advanced braking techniques, reference points, line selection and more.
Level 3 (Advanced)
- This is the group for advanced and very experienced track riders who are comfortable with high speeds, passing and being passed, and higher speed differentials.
- This group has a recommended laptime minimum to participate. Riders should be comfortable doing repeated laps under around 2 minutes at The Ridge, and under around 1:40 at Pacific.
- This group has no passing restrictions, however we require riders always maintain a “buffer” between them and other riders of 6 feet minimum.