Summary of Available Groups at this Event
Note: It is the participant’s responsibility to select the appropriate group. For events that are sold out, or near capacity, there will be NO moving between groups (bumping up or down) before lunchtime, and participants will be required to ride within the capabilities, rules structure and/or laptimes of the group they select.
OPRT enforces a strict limit of 40 participants per group.
Level 1 – Level 2 (Beginner/Low Intermediate)
- For riders that are new to riding on the track and beginning intermediate riders. Designed to offer riders the ability to become accustomed to riding in a track environment with several Control Riders and Instructors available.
- This group has passing restrictions: Passing allowed in the corners on the outside with a 6 foot “buffer”. This provides a layer of safety for all participants.
Level 2 – Level 3 (Advanced/High Intermediate)
- This is the group for advanced and experienced intermediate track riders who are comfortable with high speeds, passing and being passed, and higher speed differentials.
- This group has a recommended laptime minimum to participate. Riders should be comfortable doing repeated laps under around 2 minutes at The Ridge, and under around 1:40 at Pacific.
- This group has no passing restrictions, however we require riders always maintain a “buffer” between them and other riders of 6 feet minimum.